Pumpkins and Spice and Everything Nice: 15 ways to fall in love with fall all over again
Published on September 29, 2016
By Christina Maxwell
The air is crisp and cool. Warm flannel scarves color the store windows and changing leaves crunch under your favorite pair of leather boots. The scents of pumpkin spice lattes, apple cider and something resembling a fresh beginning fill your soul with the magic of fall. Autumn has officially arrived and just in time, we’re sharing a bucket list to help you make the most of these golden days.
1. Take advantage of fall’s bounty. Fill your plate with seasonal produce like swiss chard, butternut squash, broccoli rabe, cranberries and eggplant. Spice things up with savory fall herbs like sage and rosemary or with a white truffle sauce. (And yes, ordering truffle fries totally counts.)
2. Learn how to knit. Create anything—a scarf, a blanket or a warm pair of socks. It’s a great way to unwind and calm your mind after a stressful day.
3. Jump on the pumpkin train. But branch out beyond the pie and latte and try roasted pumpkin ravioli, savory pumpkin hummus or a roasted pumpkin, beet, and barley salad. For a sweet treat, whip up some pumpkin whoopee pies.
4. Road trip to one of the best apple orchards in America. Enjoy apple picking, pumpkin patches and warm doughnuts and cider. Perfect for a date, family outing or the quintessential fall Insta.
5. Speaking of apples…try this fall’s new trendy cocktail—a boozy cider slushy. Made with chai tea, ginger beer, bourbon and cider, it’s definitely a win. Look chic as you sip away by pairing your cider with this diamond, quartz and mother of pearl ring from our Cocktail Collection.
Cocktail Ring with Diamonds, Quartz and Mother of Pearl
6. Celebrate football season. Host a flag football game in the front yard followed by a warm bowl of homemade chili.
7. Opt for a cozy night in. Snuggle up under a blanket, light an apple spice candle, brew some chai tea and stay in for the premiers of your favorite fall TV shows.
8. Enjoy fall like a kid again. Get lost in a corn maze. Rake the leaves, but don’t forget to jump in the giant pile at the end. Go for a hayride, scream your way through a haunted house or host a pumpkin carving contest.
9. Play around with plaid in a new way. Try pairing your classic work pencil skirt with a pair of plaid pumps or your Saturday Farmer’s Market outfit with slip on plaid sneakers.
10. Give in to the Pumpkin Spice Latte. But make your own.
11. Get a mani in one of fall’s trending shades. For a classic look, you can’t go wrong with a dark plum or rich oxblood. Feeling bolder? Go for a deep green or shimmering gun metal. Then, give your mani a final touch of sparkle with a black and white diamond ring from our new Venetian Princess Collection.
Venetian Princess Ring with Black and White Fluer De Lis Diamonds
12. Curl up with a perfect fall book. Enjoy a classic like C.S. Lewis’s “The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe”, Lousia May Alcott’s “Little Women” or JK Rowling’s “Harry Potter” series. Or, crack open a brand new fall read like Imbolo Mbue’s “Behold the Dreamers” or Megan Miranda’s “All the Missing Girls”.
13. Pop open a bottle of red wine and some spiced maple popcorn and stay up for a scary movie night marathon.
14. Take a drive or walk to chase the changing leaves. Find out where and when to find the prettiest hues with this Fall Foliage Prediction Map. Then slip on this gold bangle from our Gourmette Collection to give the gold leaves a run for their money.
Designer Gold Wide Gourmette Bangle
15. Bake a pie. Any pie. In fact, bake two! One for you and one that coworker who puts up with your eclectic music choices or that neighbor who always signs for your packages. We guarantee sharing one will make them taste even sweeter.
More for you
The Perfect Match: Find the Right Earrings for Your Face Shape
The Perfect Match: Find the Right Earrings for Your Face ShapeCelebrity
Introducing the Pois Moi Luna Collection for Mother’s Day
Introducing the Pois Moi Luna Collection for Mother’s DayCulture
Golden Battle for the Throne
Golden Battle for the ThroneCulture
Roberto Coin Celebrates the Year of the Pig
Roberto Coin Celebrates the Year of the PigCulture